There are more than 200 locations in Tennessee that provide some type of substance abuse treatment services, and 68 of them offer a residential drug rehab program and another 14 are inpatient hospital treatments.
Longer-term residential rehabilitation facilities in Tennessee are even harder to come by, which is why some people wind up leaving the state for the right program. This certainly may not be necessary, depending on what fits your situation. To browse drug rehabs in Tennessee, click on a city below and you will find listings of programs including their locations and what types of services they offer. Contact us for more information and help finding effective rehab options.
Tennessee Addiction Treatment Information
In a single-day count in 2012, more than 19,000 people in Tennessee were enrolled in substance use treatment, which was an increase from less than 13,000 people in 2008.
Among those enrolled in a drug or alcohol rehab in Tennessee in a single-day in 2012, 53.1% were in treatment for a drug problem only, 16.2% were in treatment for an alcohol problem only, and 30.6% were in treatment for problems with both drugs and alcohol.
In Tennessee, among persons aged 12 or older with alcohol dependence or abuse, about 12,000 persons per year in 2008-2012 received treatment for their alcohol use within the year prior to being surveyed.
In a single-day count in 2012, 6,079 persons in Tennessee were receiving methadone as part of their substance use treatment, and 475 were receiving buprenorphine.
In Tennessee, among persons aged 12 or older with illicit drug dependence or abuse, about 17,000 persons per year in 2008-2012 received treatment for their illicit drug use within the year prior to being surveyed.
Close to 320,000 people in Tennessee aged 12 or older per year in 2008-2012 were dependent on or abused alcohol within the year prior to being surveyed, and nearly 140,000 were dependent on or abused illicit drugs.
Nearly 260,000 people in Tennessee aged 21 or older per year in 2008-2012 reported heavy alcohol use within the month prior to being surveyed. Of these, about 1 in 110 received treatment for alcohol use within the year prior to being surveyed.
Tennessee Drug Rehabs by City
- Alcoa (1)
Bean Station (1)
Estill Springs (1)
Jefferson City (1)
Johnson City (5)
La Follette (1)
Mc Minnville (1)
Mount Juliet (1)
Mountain Home (1)
New Tazewell (1)
Oak Ridge (3)
Union City (3)
Tennessee Recovery Support Groups
– Pennyrile Area (Clarksville) www.na-pana.org
– Southern Zonal Forum www.szfna.org
– Volunteer Region www.natennessee.org
– Mountain Area (Johnson City) Phone: 866.360-4929 http://mana-e-tn.org
– Chattanooga Area (Chattanooga, Athens, Cleveland, Dunlap, Lafayette, Summerville) Phone: 888.463-2117 www.nachattanooga.com
– Greater Nashville Area Phone: 888.476-2482 www.nanashville.org
– Midwest Tennessee Area (Jackson, Union City) Phone: 866.790-9010 www.namwt.org
– Greater Smokey Mountain Area (Knoxville) Phone: 866.617-1710 www.knoxvillena.org
– West Tennessee Area (Memphis) Phone: 901.276-5483 www.na-wt.org
– Southern Middle Tennessee Area (Lawrenceburg, Columbia) Phone: 866.360-5973
Tennessee State Agency Resources
Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
500 Deaderick Street
Andrew Jackson Building, 5th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone Number: (800)-560-5767
Fax Number: (615)-532-2419