Louisiana only has about 150 drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs throughout the state, which combine to deliver substance abuse treatment services to more than 11,000 residents at a time. Louisiana does have a higher ratio of inpatient programs compared to other states, as roughly one-third of the facilities offer residential treatment.
If you’re looking for a drug or alcohol rehab program in Louisiana, feel free to browse the facility listings by clicking on a city below, or contact us for treatment program recommendations based on your needs.
Louisiana Addiction Treatment Information
In a single-day count, 11,648 people in Louisiana were enrolled in substance use treatment, which was in a downward trend and considerably less than 13,800 just a couple years earlier.
Among people in Louisiana enrolled in substance use treatment on that day, 43.6% were in treatment for a drug problem only, 12.6% were in treatment for an alcohol problem only, and 43.8% were in treatment for problems with both drugs and alcohol.
In Louisiana, nearly 240,000 people aged 12 or older per year were dependent on or abused alcohol within the year prior to being surveyed, which has remained pretty steady. There were almost 90,000 people who were dependent on or abused illicit drugs. Unfortunately, very few of these individuals sought help.
Close to 260,000 people aged 21 or older in Louisiana reported heavy alcohol use within the month prior to being surveyed. Of these, just 1 in 60 received treatment for alcohol use within the year prior to being surveyed.
Among people aged 12 or older with alcohol dependence or abuse in the state, about 11,000 persons received treatment for their alcohol use within the year prior to being surveyed.
there are about 3,042 persons in Louisiana were receiving methadone as part of their substance use treatment, and 134 receiving buprenorphine.
In Louisiana, among persons aged 12 or older with illicit drug dependence or abuse, about 10,000 people per year received treatment for their illicit drug use within the year prior to being surveyed.
Louisiana Drug Rehabs by City
- Abbeville (1)
Baton Rouge (11)
Bossier City (1)
Breaux Bridge (1)
Denham Springs (2)
La Place (1)
Lake Charles (2)
Lake Providence (1)
Morgan City (2)
New Iberia (2)
New Orleans (9)
New Roads (1)
Oak Grove (1)
Port Allen (1)
Ville Platte (1)
West Monroe (1)
Louisiana Recovery Support
– Louisiana Region http://larna.org
– Bayou Recovery Area (Baton Rouge) Phone: 225.381-9609
– Central Louisiana Area (Alexandria, Jonesville Downtown) Phone: 318.542-7557
– North Louisiana Area (Shreveport, Nachitoches) Phone: 800.339-3723
– Free at last Area (Monroe, Ruston, Farmerville, Bastrop) Phone: 855.325-2621 http://www.freeatlast1.org
– Lafayette Area Phone: 337.406-1300
– Lake Area (Lake Charles) Phone: 337.439-5753
– Lake Area (Lake Charles, Sulphur, Lake Arthur, Deridder) Phone: 888.624-3575
– Freedom Area (Westbank, Chalmette, New Orleans) Phone: 504.883-8202
– Unity Area (Metairie) Phone: 504.889-8840
– New Orleans Area Phone: 504.899-6262 http://www.noana.org
– Northshore Area (Covington, Hammond, Franklinton, Ponchatoula, Slidel) Phone: 985.867-1587
Louisiana Stat Agency Resources
Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
628 North 4th Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-0629
Phone Number: (225)-342-2540
Fax Number: (225)-342-5066